Five SWIM/SWIMLocal training days have now been confirmed for:
- 2nd July, Cloncurry
- 4th July, Mackay
- 6th July, Townsville
- 9th July, Biloela
- 10th July, Brisbane
If you would like to attend one of these days (and haven’t already contacted us) please contact Sally via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 3632 6852. If you would like to attend SWIM training or view a SWIMLocal demonstration and cannot make any of the above sessions please let Sally know and we will try and work out something for you.
The training is a half day affair which will cover the following:
- SWIM training
- New/changed indicators from last year
- Metadata refresher training
- Webform and data template refresher training
- Quality Control tools in SWIM
- Introduction to new SWIM online training tools
- A look at the reasons why we report data and the legislation it comes under
- SWIMLocal demonstration
- SWIMLocal is a new data management software system designed by qldwater with BoM funding.
- In short the system will allow you to better collect, store and manage your data.
- It will allow you to create any indicators you wish and will also contain all the current indicators reported to BoM, NPR, DEW (aka DERM), ABS, etc.
- The system synchronises data across all your computers and the SWIM database thus allowing easy access to all your data from one point.
- SWIMLocal and SWIM talk seamlessly to each other making it very easy to submit new data as well as access/correct/download any of the data you have previously submitted to SWIM.