National Taste Test Wrap
The Ixom Best Tasting Tap Water in Australia competition took place at the Grand Shopping Centre in Toowoomba this week, with Victoria taking out the honours for 2018. The sample from Wannon Water’s Hamilton Water Treatment Plant was selected top drop with approximately 150 people participating in the blind taste test.
The 2018 Grand Finalists participating in the contest were:
- Queensland – Livingstone Shire Council, Yeppoon
- NSW – Port Macquarie Hastings Council, Port Macquarie
- Tasmania – TasWater, Bryn Estyn (Greater Hobart)
- South Australia – SA Water, Woolpunda WTP
- Victoria – Wannon Water, Hamilton WTP
Congratulations to Wannon Water, and to WIOA and Ixom for taking the taste test to the next level and continuing to raise awareness of the good work done by water service providers in delivering a great quality product to our homes 24/7.
We expect to solve the problem with timing for this event to ensure the current Queensland winners will participate in the national event from 2019.
To see some images of the day, head to https://wioa.smugmug.com/Water-Taste-Tests/2018-Australia/