qldwater members are registered urban Service Providers in Queensland. Members are local government service providers, local government owned corporations, local government owned statutory authorities and state government owned statutory authorities.
In 2013/14 our members included:
- 2 of 2 Torres Island council Service Providers,
- 11 of 15 Aboriginal council Service Providers,
- 51 of 51 (non-indigenous) council Service Providers,
- 1 of 1 council owned Water Corporations,
- 2 of 2 council owned statutory authorities in SEQ,
- 1 of 2 state government owned Statutory Authorities,
or a total of 68 members involved in the urban water industry.
Benefits of membership
Benefits for members of qldwater are listed here and include:
- industry representation,
- support in technical and operational issues,
- improved technical representation in policy formulation through LGAQ,
- stronger technical input to State and Commonwealth Government,
- standard documentation,
- streamlined reporting and planning,
- minimising duplication by members (methodologies, procedures, etc.), and
- improving cooperation among Service Providers and facilitating regional collaboration,
- benchmarking and best practice
- training and capacity building
- links to other industry members and national and other jurisdictions
- free access to our publications, downloads and the members-only website
- access to the 'Ask an Expert' web forums.