qldwater members are registered urban Service Providers in Queensland. Members are local government service providers, local government owned corporations, category 1 water boards, and local government-owned statutory authorities.
In 2011/12 our members included:
- 2 of 2 Torres Island council Service Providers, >
- 11 of 15 Aboriginal council Service Providers,
- 45 of 45 (non-indigenous) council Service Providers,
- 1 of 1 council-owned Water Corporations,
- 2 of 3 council-owned statutory authorities in SEQ,
- 1 of 2 Category 1 Water Boards,
- 3 of 10 SEQ councils.
or a total of 65 members involved in the urban water industry. Our members are government-owned urban water entities and within this category represent:
- 9 of 10 large (>25,000 connections) utilities,
- 27 of 27 medium (1000-25,000 connections) utilities, and
- 25 of 29 small (<1000 connections) utilities.
Benefits of membership
Benefits for members of qldwater are listed here and include:
- industry representation,
- support in technical and operational issues,
- improved technical representation in policy formulation through LGAQ,
- stronger technical input to State and Commonwealth Government,
- standard documentation,
- streamlined reporting and planning,
- minimising duplication by members (methodologies, procedures, etc.), and
- improving cooperation among Service Providers and facilitating regional collaboration,
- benchmarking and best practice
- training and capacity building
- links to other industry members and national and other jurisdictions
- free access to our publications, downloads and the members-only website
- access to the 'Ask an Expert' web forums.