Regulatory Plans and KPIs
On 7 May 2014, parliament passed the Water Supply Services Legislation Amendment Bill 2014, paving the way for simplified regulation in Queensland. This followed a period of proliferation of statutory plans such as Strategic Asset Management Plans, Total Management Plans, System Leakage Management Plans, Drought Management Plans and Recycled Water Management Plans.
The following remain statutory requirements from 2014:
- Customer Service Standards
- Drinking Water Quality Management Plans
- Recycled Water Management Plans (with reduced coverage)
- Local Government Asset Management Plans
- Netserv Plans (SEQ only)
The legislative amendments in 2014 also introduced the requirement for a series of Key Performance Indicators to be reported to the Department of Energy and Water Supply annually, commencing October 2015 for data captured from 1 July 2014.
Reporting requirements differ for six different categories of service providers:
- 10,000 connections or below
- Above 10,000 connections (including a new mandatory requirement to provide data on National Performance Report or NPR indicators)
- SEQ ”withdrawn councils” (Logan, Gold Coast, Redland City)
- SEQ distributor-retailers (Queensland Urban Utilities, Unitywater)
- Bulk providers providing water to service providers with 10,000 connections or below
- Bulk providers providing water to service providers with above 10,000 connections qldwater will continue to work with DEWS to support members in implementing these changes and update links as more information is available. It is intended to develop a Water and Sewerage and Operational Plan template over time to assist members in linking their internal business planning to the new KPIs.
Annotated List of Reporting Requirements Updated March 2012 - Release Date 31-Mar-2011: - Annotated list of reporting requirements for Queensland Service Providers. This list was updated in March 2012 and supersedes all previous copies. | (236KB)
e Flash #121 - 3 June 2011 - Release Date 03-Jun-2011: - 1. Drinking Water Quality Management Plans for Small and Medium Service Providers. | (30KB)
e Flash #97 - 16 November 2010 - Release Date 16-Nov-2010: - 1. Drinking Water Quality Guidelines. | (26KB)
e Flash #91 - 10 September 2010 - Release Date 10-Sep-2010: - 1. SAMP's, TMP's, LG Water Asset Management Plans .... when will they all fit together? | (34KB)
Briefing on Water and Other Legislation Amendment Bill - Release Date 17-Oct-2007: - Information from the State Government on the Bill on 12/10/2007 close to the time of its submission. The Bill was approved on 16/10/2007 to take effect in January 2008. (228KB)
Drought Management Plan (Eacham Shire) - Release Date 03-Oct-2007: - Example Service Provider Drought Management Plan provided by Eacham Shire Council.| Free member download. | Third party document that has been superseded. | (728KB)
System Leakage Management Plan (Eacham example) - Release Date 10-Mar-2007: - Completed System Leakage Management Plan provided for reference by Eacham Shire Council. (1112KB)